Monday, December 21, 2009

Grilled Angus Rib Eye Steak with Sweetened Vegetables and Fried Baby Potatoes



My sister is currently staying with us. She has never tried any of my cooking so I wanted to impress her a bit. I prepared my favorites for her --- grilled rib eye steak, sweetened mixed vegetables and of course my fried baby potatoes.



The trick to making the perfect rib eye steak is to thaw the meat properly, wipe it with a clean cloth or tissue afterwards so that it will brown well, dash both sides of the meat with lots of pepper and salt and grill each side of the meat on a nice oiled hot grill pan for four minutes each. This amount of time would be enough to brown the surface, keep the meat tender while keeping the inside pink and medium rare.




For the baby potatoes, I sliced them and dashed them with salt and pepper before putting them one by one a heated pan with just the right amount of oil (not too much and not too little... I think around 4 tbps.). After 3 minutes, I turn my potatoes on the other side and let them fry for another 3 minutes. Then take them out of the pan and set them aside.

I used the remaining oil to sauté my remaining sliced vegetables (cucumber, carrots, onions, tomatoes, garlic, bell pepper.) I added in a bit of salt and pepper to taste then around 3 tbps. of red sugar or honey. I let the whole thing simmer for around 2 minutes then served it hot.



The verdict? My sister liked it sooo much! She said she's even willing to pay Php180 for the whole thing if the same food was served to her in a restaurant. Teehee. So sweet. ^_^

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post