Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Brain Foods


I have just accepted a new job (in addition to what I already have) and I will need all the help I can get to stay focused and committed to all my work. Therefore, for the next several posts, I will be sharing with you some tips on the kinds of food that I will eat (and you should too) because they will help me become more healthy. Not only that, these foods will make me stay alert, better focused at my tasks, will boost my energy levels and help me maximize my overall brain power. So read on and enjoy this post...



Stay away from foods filled with sugar and white flour. These will only make you high for a very short while then your energy levels will go downhill from there.




Eat 200g of yogurt daily to fill your gastrointestinal tract with lactobacillus to ward off the bad bugs.



Have a spinach salad, rich in lutein, to help ward off molecular degeneration, the key cause of blindness as you grow old.



Berries are rich in flavanoids and are thought to cut risk of developing Alzheimer's disease. Just half a cup of strawberries or blueberries can prevent memory loss.



Pineapple rich in bromelain is surprisingly good at bringing down inflammation. They help keep your minds alert too.


That's it for now! Until my next Brain Foods post.

Bon appetit!







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post