Saturday, May 29, 2010

Grilled Tuna Sandwich with Roasted Bell Pepper





Like what I said on my previous blog post, I am now trying eat more healthily whenever I can. I also try to cut back on ice cream and Coke because sugar is just simply bad for the body. I read in a health magazine before that a table spoon of sugar reduces the body's defense mechanism at 12%! So if I eat lots and lots of sweets, I can actually shut my body down. No wonder I feel lethargic, lazy and sleepy whenever I have one of those ice cream flavors and chocolates I like.

Oh well. Like they say, if you wanna live long, you have to eat less.
So today,Peter and I had a healthy and scrumptious grilled tuna sandwich with roasted bell pepper.

Here's how we did it:



We opened a can of tuna and mixed it with half a teaspoon of mayonnaise, a dash of pepper, ginger powder, & salt. The ginger will make the tuna flavorful but at the same time, it will take away its "fishy" smell.

We prepared slices of tomato and onion.

We also put in some pechay in there (any green leafy vegetable will do).


We cut a medium-sized bell pepper, took out its seeds, and roasted it on open fire. Once it's done, we set it aside.


We toasted slices of wheat bread.
When all the ingredients were prepared, we sandwiched everything between the two slices of wheat bread and voila!

The roasted bell pepper really added so much texture and flavor to the whole thing. It was like eating a real gourmet sandwich! You should try it.

Bon appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post