Friday, July 23, 2010

Gourmet Pancit Canton




When I'm running out of ingredients in the fridge and pantry, and the only food that's left to eat is a pack or two of instant noodles, I try to make it special and healthy as much as possible. They taste so good that I've started craving for them at least once a month. When this happens, I take out 2 packs of Lucky Me instant pancit canton from the pantry and turn it into my own gourmet pancit canton.

So as usual, the noodles are cooked by soaking them in boiling water for a few minutes then draining them out through a strainer. While waiting for the water to boil, that's when I do the rest of the "magic".



I take out the following ingredients and saute them all together:

  • julienned carrots
  • diced onions
  • diced garlic
  • diced bell pepper
  • a dash of salt and pepper

Once my noodles are cooked and strained, I mix the sauteed vegetables with the noodles as well as the instant sauces that come with the pancit canton pack. I prepare a bowl of calamansi and soy sauce on the side to add taste. I put my canton in a bowl and add some toasted wheat bread on the side. Voila! I now have my own gourmet pancit canton.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post