Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hotdog Potato Spinach Medley


There are days when I couldn't help myself and I eat the kinds of food that are a no-no for people with GERD like me (like chocolates,coffee, alcohol, anything with tomato, garlic and onions even in small amounts), thinking that I can get away with it. Well, sometimes, I can but when I do it for two or three consecutive meals, I end up not feeling so good afterwards. Tsk, tsk. 

On this particular day, I was running out of groceries and food I can eat. Actually I've been running out of groceries  for a week now (been doing 18-hour shifts at work coz I need the moolah to fund my summer escapades beginning next month... will be visiting Bacolod and Cebu again; will be living in Siargao for two weeks and learn how to surf in Cloud 9 as promised; have plans of diving in Anilao and surfing in Baler, plus of course my addiction to windsurfing. So you see, I really need a lot of funds. Hehehe.). Anyhoo, our fridge don't have much in it at the moment except for a few hotdogs, potatoes, a bottle of mustard, and some spinach. Good thing that my hubby, Peter, has a talent for concocting wonderful homemade dishes out of scrap. So this is what he did to come up with his yummy Hotdog Potato Spinach Medley :

  • Cleaned and boiled the baby potatoes and set it aside.
  • Microwaved the hotdogs in hot water and set it aside.
  • Microwaved the spinach in hot water. (Contrary to poplar belief, microwave is not bad.)
  • Mixed honey and mustard and whatever herbs he could find in the pantry (pesto, rosemary, thyme)
  • Once the baby potatoes were cooked, he poured the mustard and honey sauce in it
  • He added the hotdogs and the spinach.
Voila!

I now have a healthy dish filled with nutrients and vitamins I need to last me the entire day. 

Bon appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post