Friday, October 3, 2014

7-Day Juice Cleanse Day 1 Lunch




I've started with the Juice Cleanse yesterday. However, I've encountered some minor booboos along the way. Please bear with me. I'm only human after all...


For one, I realized that the recipe might be intended for big people because I ended up making 4 glasses for my breakfast alone which was the Beginner Green even if I did follow the serving sizes in the recipe. I'm only 5 feet and 120 lbs. and I can only finish one glass per meal so in effect, I ended up having the same glass of fruit and vegetable shake for my breakfast, lunch and dinner. I didn't want them to go to waste!


Another thing, I had leftover sauteed vegetables in oyster sauce from the other day plus skinless longganisa and red rice staring at me every time I'd go down to the kitchen and that just whet my appetite that I ended up eating a little bit of it when I couldn't control my craving anymore! I felt like my GERD was acting up too (or maybe it was just my imagination, hehe) so I felt like I had to eat even just a little bit of normal food. But then the moment I did, my tummy ached. Bad, bad, bad! I was feeling so much better before I had that skinless longganisa. So the lesson I learned was: STICK TO RAW FOOD the next 7 days! Hehehe. 

So today, for lunch, I am having Beets And Treats. I will still put here the original serving sizes based on the menu given to me by my friend Quennie but just so you know, I used only half of it for my lunch which produced two glasses of fruit and vegetable shake for me.

Beets And Treats
  • Beet Root - 1 beet (3" dia)
  • Cabbage (red) - 2 leaf
  • Carrots - 3 medium
  • Lemon - 1/2 fruit (2-3/8" dia)
  • Orange - 1 fruit (2-5/8" dia)
  • Pineapple - 1/4 fruit
  • Spinach - 2 handful


I just prepared everything by slicing them up and putting them in the blender and voila! My lunch is ready. I've already finished a glass as I write this and I feel soooo alive and energetic!


Don't mind the frozen glass I use. I always keep one in the freezer for my shakes. (^_^)

If you're in in Bohol, you can visit Natura Vista, my friend Quennie's resort, which I visited in December 2012 with my then Bessy Hanz. They are hosting a Raw Food Detox and Mindfulness Retreat this coming October 24. If only I'm in Bohol now, I'd go to that retreat! But since they're holding one per month, I'll do mine come March next year with my bebe. (For updates on my personal life, just head to my self-help blog, Kicking Pinay, start reading from march 2014 post).

 

Oh, another thing I noticed, I didn't at all crave for coffee yesterday and today. If you must know, I am a coffee addict. Its bad for me, I know, because of my GERD, but I was feeling so awake and alive that I did not feel the need for it. 

Also, I have this finger on my right hand that has been hurting for a while now (probably early onset arthritis or gout? I hope not!) but today, when I woke up, it's not as painful anymore and I am expecting that the pain will disappear as I continue with my raw food diet. 

And lastly, a tummy ache always wakes me up in the middle of the night or early morning which is why I can't sleep for 6-8 hours  straight. My tummy dictates my sleeping cycle and when I get hungry or when it aches, I have to get up and eat. Usually, I'd only sleep 1.5 hours at a time and wake up with this feeling of doom in my tummy. Sometimes, I'd sleep for 3-4 hours but I'd always wake up with a nervous tummy. Well, I'm happy to say that I slept from 2:30 AM to 11:30 AM last night. That's 9 whole hours of blissful sleep!!! ...a first for me in a long time. And I didn't feel the usual feeling of doom or nerves. My tummy felt normal for once. Yipeee!!! 


I think I am doing this raw food diet for good! If my cravings for normal food get to be too much especially when I'm having my period, then at least, I will still do this raw food diet most of the time. I'm just so happy I'm doing this. I'm only on Day 2 but already, I can feel its wonderful effects on me. I also feel a lot happier and healthier. Yey!!! Thank you, God! Thank you, universe. Everything in my life is indeed unfolding perfectly. Bebeko Hanz is beginning his own vegetable diet now too and when he gets here, I'll introduce him to this Juice Cleanse diet. Bon appetit!

1 comment:

  1. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post