Thursday, December 10, 2009

Beef Stew in Spaghetti Sauce




The moment I woke up today, I started working on the Christmas decorations of our house. Once I got into it, I didn't stop except for bathroom breaks. After almost 8 hours (whew!) I was finally done. And to reward myself, being so famished and all, I made myself some beef stew. I was going to consult one of my cook books but as you can see, I was so hungry and I didn't have the patience to study the recipe anymore. So, I just did what I know best... JUST COOK! FOLLOW MY GUT FEEL and COOK!!!


Hours before, I already took my beef cubes out of the freezer so they can thaw while I put up the Christmas decors. Since I don't know how to stew, I just fried them first in butter. I almost forgot to season them so while they were frying, I sprinkled some salt and pepper. After about 3 minutes, I sauteed them so they'd fry equally on all sides. After three more minutes, I took them out of the pan and put them temporarily on a plate. I tasted a piece and it was so tender. Perfect!





Next, I added a bit more butter on the pan, then sauteed my sliced onions, tomatoes, carrots, and garlic. While they were cooking, I took out a small casserole, put it on the stove in medium fire, then took out one packet of spaghetti sauce and poured it into the pan. I added a bit of rosemary, thyme, sage, basil, salt, pepper, ketchup and red wine. While it was simmering, I put in the fried beef cubes and the vegetables from the frying pan. Then I let them all simmer for about 3 minutes.



It smelled so good! I forked a piece of beef cube and it was still tender. I turned off the fire and served my beef stew hot. I haven't eaten it yet. I'm still letting it cool a bit while I'm blogging about it. I can't wait to eat it!

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post