Sunday, December 13, 2009

Chicken Breast in Herbed Tomato Sauce

I was craving for something that's "tomatoey" this particular weekend. Since we had chicken in the fridge that needed to be cooked and we always keep several packets of tomato sauce, we decided to have chicken in tomato sauce one Saturday.






After the chicken has been thawed, we dashed it with pepper, salt, basil, thyme, sage, and rosemary; we wrapped it in foil; and then we popped it in the oven toaster for around 20 minutes. This way, the chicken did't get burnt while it's baking. The foil also helped retain the natural fat juices of the chicken and helped in absorbing the flavors of the spices and herbs much faster even if it was not marinated the night before.

When the chicken was almost done, I heated a small casserole and sautéed my onions and garlic. I poured two packets of tomato sauce, added some tomato ketchup, a little tap water, salt, pepper, some herbs and a bit of red wine. I let it simmer. As soon as the chicken was done, I added it to my sauce and let it cook some more for another 5 minutes.





While waiting, I prepared the rice on a plate and sliced some fresh cucumber and tomatoes.


This is best when served when still hot.


Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post