Thursday, December 17, 2009

Potato and Vegetable Medley

During the middle of the week, I was running out of things to eat at home. There were a couple of days when I just had toasted wheat bread with herbed cream cheese, banana, kiat-kiat and cinnamon rolls. After a while, I'd crave for something more filling. And since I haven't done my groceries yet, I looked at what's left inside the fridge and tried to make something scrumptious out of it.




I still had baby potatoes, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes and garlic.


So this was what I did:


I fried my sliced baby potatoes the way I usually do. Once they were a bit toasted, I took them out of the pan and set them aside. Prior to this, I already had my vegetables sliced. So when it was time to cook them, I sautéed them with the remaining oil on the pan. A bit of salt and pepper was added at this point to bring out the taste. Then I added a little bit of water, ketchup, and some herbs. When the veggies were half cooked, I put in the fried baby tomatoes and let the whole thing simmer.





After about five more minutes, it was ready to be served. I found out that it was best eaten with toasted wheat bread in herbed cream cheese still. Oh, and I paired it with white wine too, just to make it more special. ^_^ Not bad, not bad at all.


Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post