Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pinakbet By Accident


I rarely have the time these days to really cook. Add to that the fact that I am becoming more and more conscious about my health. So most of the time, I'd just chop some raw vegetables, dash some herbs and spices, pour a little vinegar and olive oil, and voila --- that's my meal for the day!

But one time, I was really craving for rice and some flavorsome dish. So while I wait for my rice to get cooked, I just started putting some chopped vegetables on a pan. I didn't even measure them. I just used my instinct.

  • okra
  • bellpepper
  • garlic
  • onion
  • tomato
  • eggplant
  • carrots

Then I turned on the fire, pour some vegetable oil, sprinkled some pepper and Italian herbs and just sauteed them all together. (I don't even follow the order of things when cooking.)

I got a can of afritada in the pantry and poured it in the mixture too. Then I remembered I have some shrimp paste in the fridge which I bought from Zambales last month, so I added a tablespoon of that too.

Soon, I started smelling something familiar... Did I just make Pinakbet? Awesome!

So there. It was scrumptious and truly appetizing! Even my hubby, Peter, said so. ^_^

Bon appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post