Thursday, August 19, 2010

Baked Rice Pizza


I was craving for pizza last night. But seeing that I still have some leftover rice, vegetables in the fridge and tons of canned goods in the pantry, I decided to forego the thought of calling Greenwich, Pizza Hut, Lotsa Pizza or Shakey's. At least I can save some money to buy more ingredients next time.

Nevertheless, I still had my craving satiated that particular evening. Here's how my Baked Rice Pizza was done:


1. I reheated my leftover rice in the rice cooker.

2. While the rice was being reheated, my own version of pizza sauce was prepared by sauteing the following:
  • 1 canned tuna
  • diced carrots
  • minced onions
  • cubed bell pepper
  • a dash of pepper and salt
  • a bit of tomato ketchup
  • sliced green olives
  • a small pack of tomato sauce
3. I put some rice on a microwavable ceramic plate.
4. I topped it with a lot of the sauce I just made.
5. I then sprinkled some grated cheese on the entire surface.

6. I baked the entire thing for about 10-15 mins. using the oven toaster.


Voila! I now have a whole plate of Baked Rice Pizza. It was scrumptious! And it definitely satiated my pizza craving last night.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post