Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pito & Mita: A Quick Review

As some of might already know, my gorgeous wife is enjoying an extended stay in Boracay. So while she was busy being yummy on the beach like this:

And like this:
I went off to to grab a yummy lunch with good friend and blogging juggernaut, Jayvee. He suggested we go to Pito & Mita in BF Homes. I have never been there before but since I've come to trust Jayvee's food recommendations, I agreed to meet him there. It was a good thing that I did.

Simply put, the entire experience was more than satisfying. The food was incredible and the staff were friendly and attentive. Like most of the establishments along Aguirre St., Pito & Mita was a charming house that was converted into a restaurant. The decor was nice, nothing special, but the place was clean and cozy and had a lovely ambience. The staff were also attentive and pleasant and thankfully, not overly friendly.

What's special here though is the food. I tried out their spinach artichoke dip served with melba toast. I absolutely loved it. The artichokes and the spinach blended beautifully with garlic and extra virgin olive oil into a wonderfully thick and creamy dip, a definite must try.


For the main course, I ordered their pastel de callos. The pastry shell was nice and delicate; hiding underneath it was ox tripe so tender it almost melts in your mouth stewed wonderfully with chorizo. This was absolutely divine; easily one of the best callos I've ever tried and believe me, I've tried out a lot.

I washed everything down with their bottomless lemon and moringa juice, an absolutely refreshing concoction that I suggest you try out as well.

Pito & Mita certainly deserves another visit. There are things on the menu I'm really interested to try out like their eggplant lasagna and the parmesan crusted baked fish. and once the Sexynomad is back in Manila, I intend to take her out on a nice lovely date here.

Pito & Mita can be found in 176 Aguirre St., BF Homes, Paranaque, Philippines. For more information, check out their Facebook page.

Search Results

1 comment:

  1. I've tried their Pastel de Callos and indeed its very great! My sister also loved those Artichoke Dips!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post