Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Simple Noche Buena Good for People with GERD

My hubby and I have always had simple Christmas celebrations. Since both of us are not huge fans of the season, we prefer not to make a fuss about it. Actually, if it weren't for my family being with us, we probably would have slept through it. Anyway, last Christmas, Peter just prepared food enough for the five of us (my parents and sister included), making sure that I won't be eating oily and fatty dishes since I have special food requirements, although I did have Pancit Canton from Amber's, two glasses of strawberry wine and a glass of Coke. Luckily, I didn't feel bad afterward so maybe my GERD has already healed. ^_^

Baked Chicken
I only ate the meat inside and avoided the skin.


Baked Hotdogs and Cold Mallows
I just had the baked hotdogs and avoided the marshmallows. I did have some chips though even if they're forbidden.

Lettuce and Pineapple Salad
This was meant for me... the only truly safe food I can eat that night.

Sweetened Ham
Because this ham was mostly meat and Peter just baked it, it's safe for me to eat.


I'm really feeling a lot better these days, health-wise. Even when I ate food not good for my GERD, I didn't have any heartburn nor acid reflux afterward. I'm praying that I'm healed and that perhaps I can slowly try some other dishes that I've been missing (like coffee, cake and ice cream). Cheers to a healthier me this new year! ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share This Post